Wednesday, May 30, 2012

windy city.

May is almost over, and it has been the greatest start to summer.
I started the first week of summer with a trip to chicago with the interior design program at usu. It was the greatest experience, i loved it.

It was a good trip:
Our first stop was the frederick meijer sculpture gardens in Grand Rapids, MI. It was so neat. It had tons of crazy sculptures and a way cute garden area. This is the whole group in front of a giant horse. 
A few pics of the gardens and my favorite sculpture!

 We went to herman miller headquarters.. which was so GREAT. We went to 3 different headquarters and this was one of the most interesting to me because we got to see...
original drawings of the eames chairs.. and coconut chair.. It was crazy that we got to see them. I tell you what.. my mind.. blown. I was like.. are they ACTUALLY showing these.. to me? right now?

Then we went to Haworth headquarters. They had a green roof that went all the way to the ground. saweeet.
so happy in an EAMES chairrr. LOVE.

Ok next we went to the Meyer May house. which was designed by architect Frank LLoyd Wright.



And then we finally made it to chicago.
Chicago is such an amazing city. I think its just the right amount of a big city. Its still green, but still so much to do. PERFECT.

Frank LLoyd Wright has a ton of houses in Chicago. We went to the robie house, his home and studio, unity temple and saw a whole bunch of other homes he designed.
In front of his home and studio! Nerd alert nerd alert.

 On the last night in chicago, we randomly decided to go to the blue man group. They were so strange, but so entertaining. I think I just laughed the whole time. Just look at him, hilarious.
And lastly, the bean!!!

We actually did way more than this, and i am aware this was an overload of nerdy pictures.. but too bad.  


Ok, and really quick.
So after sophomore year in the interior design program they have to cut a few more people to go on to junior year. There was 24 of us in the program.. and I think they only cut a few this year.. but I am so grateful, scared, and happy to announce I made the cut! I will be going on and finishing the last 2 years in the interior design program. Its such a tough program.. and i am so grateful that I finally get to be doing what I love! I am so passionate about it and I am so glad I ended up where I am. Even if it means i'll go to school for a total of 6 years.. I love it. And its worth it to me. :)






1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you actually got to see the REAL drawings.... NOT.. NERD. Congratulations though, it seems like you should be rewarded for such an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete